Selected Journal Publications
S. Saqib, S. Rafiq, N. Ahmed, A. L. Khan, A. Mukhtar, N. Mellon, N. Ahmad, Perylene based novel mixed matrix membranes with enhanced selective pure and mixed gases (CO2, CH4, and N2) separation, Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering, 73 (2020) 103072
Z. Sajjad, M. A. Gilani, A. L. Khan*, Development of novel hydrophilic ionic liquid membranes for the recovery of biobutanol through pervaporation, Journal of Environmental Management, 251 (2019) 109618.
M. Ali, M. Aslam, A. Khan, M. A. Gilani, A. L. Khan*, Mixed matrix membranes incorporated with sonication-assisted ZIF-8 nanofillers for hazardous wastewater treatment, Environmental Science & Pollution Research, 26 (2019) 35913.
N. Habib, Z. Shamair, M. A. Gilani, A. L. Khan*, Development of highly permeable and selective mixed matrix membranes based on Pebax®1657 and NOTT-300 for CO2 capture, Separation and Purification Technology, 234 (2020) 116101.
S. Bano. S. R. Tariq, A. Ilyas, M. Aslam, M. Bilad, A. Nizami, A. L. Khan*, Synergistic solution of CO2 capture by novel lanthanide-based MOF-76 yttrium nanocrystals in mixed-matrix membranes, Energy & Environment, DOI: 10.1177/0958305X19882413.
N. U. Barambu, M. R. Bilad, Y. Wibisono, A. L. Khan, Membrane Surface Patterning as a Fouling Mitigation Strategy in Liquid Filtration: A Review, Polymers, 11 (2019) 1687.
M. Aslam, J. Kim, Membrane scouring to control fouling under fluidization of non-adsorbing media for wastewater treatment, Environ Sci Pollut Res, 26 (2019) 1061
M. Aslam, J. Kim, Investigating membrane fouling associated with GAC fluidization on membrane with effluent from anaerobic fluidized bed bioreactor in domestic wastewater treatment, Environ Sci Pollut Res, 26 (2019) 1170
A. E. Atabani, M. Aslam, Valorization of spent coffee grounds into biofuels and value-added products: Pathway towards integrated bio-refinery, Fuel, 254 (2019) 115640
M. Yasin, M. Aslam, A. A. Bazmi, Bioreactors, gas delivery systems and supporting technologies for microbial synthesis gas conversion process, Bioresource Technology Reports, 7 (2019) 100207.
S. Ishaq, R. Tamime, M. R. Bilad, A. L Khan*, Mixed Matrix Membranes comprising of Polysulfone and Microporous BIO-MOF-1: Preparation and Gas Separation Properties, Separation and Purification Technology, 210 (2019) 442.
Z. Tahir, M. Aslam, M. A. Gilani, A. L. Khan, -SO3H functionalized UiO-66 nanocrystals in Polysulfone based mixed matrix membranes: Synthesis and application for efficient CO2 capture, Separation and Purification Technology, 224 (2019) 524.
A. Khalid, M. Aslam, M. A. Qyyum, A. Faisal, M. Yasin, A. L. Khan, Membrane separation processes for dehydration of bioethanol from fermentation broths: Recent developments, challenges, and prospects, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 105 (2019) 427.
A. Laura, M. R. Bilad, Z. A. Putraa, A. L. Khan, Sequencing batch membrane photobioreactor for simultaneous cultivation of aquaculture feed and polishing of real secondary effluent, Journal of Water Process Engineering, 29 (2019) 100779.
M. Maaz, M. Yasin, M. Aslam, A. L. Khan, Anaerobic membrane bioreactors for wastewater treatment: Novel configurations, fouling control and energy considerations, Bioresource Technology, 283 (2019) 358.
M. Ayaz, A. Muhammad, M. Younas, A. L. Khan, M. Rezakazemi, Enhanced Water Flux by Fabrication of Polysulfone/Alumina Nanocomposite Membrane for Copper(II) Removal, Macomolecular Research, (2019), DOI 10.1007/s13233-019-7086-4
S. Saqib, S. Rafiq, M. Chawla, M. Saeed, N. Muhammad, S. Khurram, K. Majeed, A. L. Khan, M, Ghauri, F. Jamil, M. Aslam, "Facile CO2 separation in composite membranes", Chemical Engineering & Technology, 42 (2019) 30-44.
- M. Aslam, R. Ahmad, M. Yasin, A. L. Khan, M. K. Shahid, S. Hossain Z. Khan, F. Jamil, S. Rafiq, M. R. Bilad, J. Kim, G. Kumar, "Anaerobic Membrane Bioreactors for Biohydrogen Production: Recent Developments, Challenges and Perspectives", Bioresource Technology, 269 (2018) 452-46
- M. Aslam, R. Ahmad, J. Kim, "Recent developments in biofouling control in membrane bioreactors for domestic wastewater treatment", Separation and Purification Technology 206 (2018) 297-315.
- A. Eliseus, M. R. Bilad, N. A. H. M. Nordin, A. L. Khan, Z. A. Putra, M. Wirzal, M. Aslam, A. Aqsha, J. Jaafar, "Two-way switch: Maximizing productivity of tilted panel in membrane bioreactor", Journal of Environmental Management 228 (2018) 529-537.
- A. Khan, M. Ali, A. Ilyas, P. Naik, I. F. J. Vankelecom, M. A. Gilani, M. R. Bilad, Z. Sajjad, A. L. Khan, "ZIF-67 filled PDMS mixed matrix membranes for recovery of ethanol via pervaporation", Separation and Purification Technology 206 (2018) 50.
- R. Ahmad, M. Aslam, E. Park, S. Chang, D. Kwon, J. Kim, "Submerged low-cost pyrophyllite ceramic membrane filtration combined with GAC as fluidized particles for industrial wastewater treatment, Chemosphere 206 (2018) 784-792.
- A. Charfi, E. Park, M. Aslam, J. Kim, "Particle-sparged anaerobic membrane bioreactor with fluidized polyethylene terephthalate beads for domestic wastewater treatment: Modelling approach and fouling control", Bioresource Technology 258 (2018) 263-269.
- M. Aslam, P. Yang, P. H. Lee, J. Kim, "Novel staged anaerobic fluidized bed ceramic membrane bioreactor: Energy reduction, fouling control and microbial characterization", Journal of Membrane Science 553 (2018) 200-208.
- Z. Tahir, A. Ilyas, X. Li, M. R. Bilad, I. F. J. Vankelecom, A. L. Khan, "Tuning the gas separation performance of fluorinated and sulfonated PEEK membranes by incorporation of zeolite 4A", Journal of Applied Polymer Science 135 (2018) 45952.
- H. Asghar, A. Ilyas, Z. Tahir, X. Li, A. L. Khan, "Fluorinated and Sulfonated Poly (Ether Ether Ketone) and Matrimid Blend Membranes for CO2 Separation", Separation and Purification Technology 203 (2018) 233-41.
- S. Ishaq, R. Tamime, M. R. Bilad, A. L. Khan, "Mixed matrix membranes comprising of polysulfone and microporous Bio-MOF-1: Preparation and gas separation properties", Separation and Purification Technology 210 (2018) 442-451.
- A. Ilyas, N. Muhammad, M. A. Gilani, I. F. J Vankelecom, A. L. Khan, "Effect of zeolite surface modification with ionic liquid [APTMS][Ac] on gas separation performance of mixed matrix membranes", Separation and Purification Technology 205 (2018) 176-183.
- N. Jang, M. Yasin, H. Kang, Y. Lee, G. W. Park, S. Park, I. S. Chang, "Bubble coalescence suppression driven carbon monoxide (CO)-water mass transfer increase by electrolyte addition in a hollow fiber membrane bioreactor (HFMBR) for microbial CO conversion to ethanol" Bioresource Technology 263 (2018) 375-384.
- A. Eliseus, Z. Putra, M. R Bilad, A. L Khan, Energy minimization of a tilted panel filtration system for microalgae filtration: Performance modeling and optimization, Algal Research 34 (2018) 104.
- R. Rehman, S,.Rafiq, N. Muhammad, A. L. Khan, A. U. Rehman, L. Ting, M. Saeed, F. Jamil, M. Ghauri, X. Gu, "Development of ethanolamine‐based ionic liquid membranes for efficient CO2/CH4 separation", Journal of Applied Polymer Science 134 (2017) 45395.
- I. Munnawar, S. S. Iqbal, M. N. Anwar, M. Batool, S. Tariq, N. Faitma, A. L. Khan, A. U. Khan, U, Nazar, T. Jamil, "Synergistic effect of chitosan-zinc oxide hybrid nanoparticles on antibiofouling and water disinfection of mixed matrix polyethersulfone nanocomposite membranes'' Carbohydrate polymers 175 (2017) 661-670.
- I. Bhatti, K. Qureshi, K. S. N. Kamarudin, A. A. Bazmi, A. W. Bhutto, F. Ahmad, M. Lee, "Innovative method to prepare a stable emulsion liquid membrane for high CO2 absorption and its performance evaluation for a natural gas feed in a rotating disk contactor'' Journal of Natural Gas Science and Engineering 34 (2017) 716-732.
- A. Ilyas, N. Muhammad, M. A. Gilani, K. Ayub, I. F. J. Vankelecom, A. L. Khan, "Supported protic ionic liquid membrane based on 3-(trimethoxysilyl)propan-1-aminium acetate for the highly selective separation of CO2", Journal of Membrane Science 543 (2017) 301-309.
- I Bhatti, AW Bhutto, K Qureshi, KSN Kamarudin, AA Bazmi, F Ahmad, "Hydrodynamics study of the modified rotating disc contactor for CO2 absorption from natural gas using emulsion liquid membrane'' Chemical Engineering Research and Design 111 (2017) 465-47834.
- M. Saeed, S. Rafiq, L. H. Bergersen, L. Deng, "Tailoring of water swollen PVA membrane for hosting carriers in CO2 facilitated transport membranes", Separation and Purification Technology 179 (2017) 550-560.
- A. Kertik, A. L. Khan, I. Vankelecom, "Mixed matrix membranes prepared from non-dried MOFs for CO2/CH4 separation", RSC Advances 6 (2016) 114505.
- A. L. Khan, X. Li, A. Ilyas, M. T. Raza, I. F. J. Vankelecom, "Novel sulfonated and fluorinated PEEK membranes for CO2 separation", Separation and Purification Technology 167 (2016) 1-5.
- S. Lu, A. L. Khan, I. F. J. Vankelecom, "Polysulfone-ionic liquid based membranes for CO2/N2 separation with tunable porous surface features", Journal of Membrane Science 518 (2016) 10-20.
- S. Rafiq, L. Deng, M. Hägg, "Role of facilitated transport membranes and composite membranes for efficient CO2 capture–A review", ChemBioEng Reviews 3 (2016) 68-85.
- N. Waheed, A. Mushtaq, S. Tabassum, A. L. Khan, M. A. Gilani, Y. Jamal, A. U. Khan, "Mixed matrix membranes based on polysulfone and rice husk extracted silica for CO2 separation", Separation and Purification Technology 170 (2016) 122-129.